Rahul Dravid after India’s win within the T20 World Cup 2024 ultimate© X (previously Twitter)

The T20 World Cup 2024 ultimate was the final match for Rahul Dravid as Indian cricket crew coach and he was capable of get the proper farewell as his facet defeated South Africa to carry the title. Following the match, Dravid was in his “Indiranagar ka gunda” temper and he even joked about being unemployed from subsequent week in a candid chat with the reporters. Dravid’s tenure got here to an finish with the competitors and he had earlier made it clear that he is not going to be extending his contract. Within the candid dialog, Dravid even joked if the journalists had any job gives from him as he doesn’t have any work proper now.

When requested if he’ll be capable of transfer on from the large victory, Dravid rapidly responded – “Yeah, I can be. I imply, subsequent week life can be identical for me. I will be unemployed, that’ll be the one distinction.”

The journalists have been left in splits and Dravid additional quipped – “Any gives?”

The hunt for the following Indian cricket crew head coach is already underway with former India batter Gautam Gambhir rising because the frontrunner. Whereas nothing has been confirmed formally, media stories counsel that he’s more than likely to take cost of the nationwide facet after Dravid’s departure.

“I attempted to influence him to remain, however there are clearly varied elements he wants to contemplate. However, I cherished the time spent with him,” Rohit Sharma earlier mentioned on Dravid’s exit.

“He was my first worldwide captain once I entered the scene in Eire. I additionally witnessed his captaincy throughout my early Check matches. He is been a major function mannequin for us,” Rohit added.

Matters talked about on this article

Source link